Wednesday 11 January 2012

Six months of growing garden

While I'm at it I thought I'd add some pictures of the seasons as reflected by the flowers in my garden.  Although we live in a sustainable community that promotes the growth of native and productive plants, I have a love of all things flowery.  My excuse for planting these (and I believe it's very valid) is to encourage the bees to my garden to pollinate my vege garden.  My native bees also love any flat flowers whether they are native or not.  Soooooo not only do these flowers look pretty but they serve a very important function as well.  Here they are...






Iris and Daffodil in July










 Jasmine and Primula in August










Spring onion and Pandorea in September - check out my native bees ;-)



   Foxglove in October

 


   Artichoke and Violets in November

   Flowering Eucalypt and Paper Daisies in December.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love those beautiful blossoms! I have such a soft spot for exotic flowers, I used to feel I had to justify my planting choices, now I just do what I want without guilt! I love your year of flowery delights, those bees are thanking you! X

    ReplyDelete