Wednesday 11 January 2012

My three month project is finally finished....

...well it was finished on the 27th and handed to my mother to pack in suitcase to go to Sweden.  I have a new half Aussie/half Swedish nephew who was born in October.  I decided that I wanted him to have a texture blanket to roll around on so I made one...  I have already made one of these quilts for my Aussie nephew but had forgotten how long and fiddly the process was.  That was probably a good thing as I don't think I may have bothered again if I'd had remembered that bit!  Who knows if my future kids will actually get one...hopefully I'll have forgotten all about the process by the time that happens.  

There are five animals - one in colour and texture, the other is made from the backing fabric.



emu ...
green tree frog...
kookaburra...

koala....

and rosella.

They all combine to form an Aussie animal texture blanket quilt.


2 comments:

  1. oh I forgot to add the that the patterns for these animals were taken from a library book when I was in Year 12. I think the book was called "Quilt a Koala".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How amazing! This will become a family treasure!x

    ReplyDelete