Wednesday 11 January 2012

six months in one blog???

 I have been so slack with my blogging. I'll put it down to being a beginner blogger and forgetting to blog when I have something worth blogging about....  I have been busy making a few different things for people as gifts.

I enjoyed making some little handbags for my niece and a very dear friend who both had birthdays in June - this tells you how long it's been since I posted anything!  I was very lucky to find an online tutorial for these bags on the website of a Finnish sewing company called ottobre.  The purse is called "Dotty Dream" and the tutorial was quite easy to follow.  I didn't take photo's of the step by step procedure only the finished product.


This bag I made for my friend....




















and this one I made for my niece on her 6th birthday.  She loves pink and she loves owls hence the choice of fabric...





   I also made her a a matching pencil case...








I did also start making myself one out of some fabric red cord fabric from my mum's house but it's not finished yet...  One day it's happen!



1 comment:

  1. These bags look fantastic! Making bags is one of my favourite things to do! I just made a new ruffled camera bag before I went on holidays and I love it. They make brilliant gifts too, I bet they will be treasured! X

    ReplyDelete