Saturday 29 June 2013

Family days

Well a lot has happened since my last post many, many months ago. I'm sad to say my garden has been somewhat neglected as I have been busy coming to terms with the greatest achievement of my life.  Carrying and birthing my beautiful son and the subsequent chaos of finishing my study in between caring for him. What a year!  I still get jealous when I see women walking around with baby bellies. I loved the experience despite the ridiculous tiredness and constant nausea.  How can you beat feeling those kicks, the hiccups and the response to your touch coupled with the anticipation of waiting to meet your little person face to face?  Unbelievable and unbeatable!


We had a lovely day today taking the little man to visit his cousins at their holiday beach unit after his swimming lesson.  Our little man loves his older cousins and now that he is crawling, he loved following them around.  He also loved the beach.  Despite the fact that he's been a few times before this time was special. He could explore the sand at his own pace and move where he wanted to move. It was magic to see and I hope to see that wonder and excitement in all things continue as he grows.  There is so much to be learned about life by watching the joy of a young person experiencing our world.

What a wonderful morning we all had!

No comments:

Post a Comment